If you want to remain active and not be told to stop doing your favorite activities or be prescribed medications to manage your symptoms without actually fixing the true cause, you have come to the right place!
At Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance, we are excited to help you return to all the activities you love again without pain or limitation. Whether your goal is to return to your favorite workout activities or sport, or if it is to simply be able to perform your everyday work activities or hobbies without pain or discomfort, we will walk the journey with you every step of the way, creating a customized program to help you reach your ultimate goals. Don't wait until it's too late!
Click the link below to schedule your appointment or check out our FAQ's and our client testimonials to learn more. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions about how we can help you return to the activities you love again. We look forward to meeting you!
"I had my best Physical Therapy experience here. Brittany is with you the entire time. She is so knowledgeable and educates as she treats you. I've been to a variety of Physical Therapists over the years and NEVER has a PT stayed with me the entire time. I also saved so much money not having to have a referral, pay for x-rays, or pay for a follow-up with my referring doctor. I was able to have everything reimbursed through my HSA account and after doing the math I saved an average of $1,200 avoiding a standard PT clinic. I highly recommend Brittany I feel good as new!"
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule an appointment?
We offer multiple avenues for scheduling to make it as easy as possible:
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable work-out clothes and tennis shoes. Tasks that will be assessed will require you to be able to move freely without clothing restricting you. If you are a runner, please be sure to wear your running shoes. If your condition requires a brace, be sure to have that with you as well.
Do I need a prescription from a doctor?
In the state of Tennessee you do not need a referral for physical therapy services. You may need one if you’ve recently seen a physician for a problem (ex. knee pain and you want to have a lower-extremity evaluation), and especially if you have recently had surgery in the region (ex. ACL reconstruction seeking a return to sports assessment). The prescription is necessary in these situations so you can receive the best care based on your condition, and so all healthcare providers can be on the same page to ensure that you are ready/safe for additional testing or high level assessments.
How many sessions will I need to get better?
The number of sessions required to achieve a pain-free lifestyle varies for everyone and for every condition. When addressed early, many conditions can be effectively treated within 4-6 sessions.
How long does a session last?
• Your first visit will last approximately 60-90 minutes.
• Follow-up sessions will typically last 45-60 minutes.
• Wellness assessments are up to 30 minutes for just upper or lower body assessments and up to 60 minutes for a total body wellness assessments
Do you accept my insurance?
• Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance operates outside the confines of insurance limitations. Insurance often restricts services to a specific injured part rather than treating the person as a whole. It also undervalues the importance of both prevention and high-level performance as these services are typically not covered. At Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance, there are “No Limits” to your care. Your treatment is 100% tailored to meet your needs, and we focus on training you to independently manage your condition rather than being dependent on frequent follow-up appointments.
• While Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance is out-of-network with your insurance, if you have a condition that warrants physical therapy intervention or other services typically covered by insurance, a detailed invoice (called a super-bill) will be provided to you at your request so you can file with your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement. You can get more information regarding your out-of-network physical therapy benefits by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
Can I use my HSA card?
Yes! Physical Therapy is a medical service. We accept HSA cards.
Is it more expensive to receive treatment at Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance compared to other clinics that accept my insurance?
• Because our philosophy is one of education, empowerment and independence, our clients typically end up saving money in the long run by receiving treatment at Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance compared to traditional PT settings. This is because our model focuses on training you to manage your condition independently which means rarely will you have to attend PT multiple sessions per week. A typical frequency and duration at Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance is 1 visit per week for 3-6 weeks vs. a traditional model of 3 visits per week for 4-6 weeks.
• Because 100% of your sessions will be one-on-one time with a physical therapist, you will get more out of each session compared to the standard model in which most PT’s are double or triple-booked during your appointment.
• Remember that if you have a high deductible that hasn't been met, and you are receiving PT in a clinic that is in-network with your insurance, you will still be required to pay the full session fee until you meet your deductible. Therefore, our model of training you to independently manage your condition will save you money with fewer visits and less time away from work or home.
Will I be sent an invoice for my visit?
To save time and cost associated with your visit, Nashville Physical Therapy & Performance will collect payment at the time of service. Accepted forms of payment include: cash, check, credit card, health savings account (HSA)
Do I need to have a membership to The Crag to schedule an appointment at the Nashville location?
No! You do not need to be a member or climber to come for physical therapy. We treat anyone who is having trouble staying active because of pain or strength and mobility issues.
What is the difference between a wellness assessment and a physical therapy appointment?
A wellness assessment is not for painful conditions. Wellness assessments are meant to identify problems (weakness, limited range of motion, etc) that could lead to injury and address them with an exercise program. These are preventative medicine visits.
What is the benefit of doing a wellness package?
Wellness packages are a great way to identify and correct potential problems before they become a full blown injury. We recommend that everyone have a wellness assessment at least twice a year and definitely before starting any new exercise activity you’ll be doing consistently (like joining a new Crossfit or bootcamp gym) but ultimately it would depend on your specific needs, history, and activities you participate in.
Is there a discount for referring a friend or family member?
Yes! The best referrals are word-of-mouth referrals and we highly encourage you to share your experience with your friends and family. When you send someone our way, your friend will receive $25 off their visit and so will you!
What if I'm not an active person but I'm having soreness or stiffness from sitting at work?
You have come to the right place! The first step is doing something to reduce these symptoms before they become a true injury. Many people do not realize that sedentary activities can be a major cause of injury. We focus a lot on posture, body mechanics and workspace ergonomics. We can recommend a program for you that you can do right in your office!
Can you do a workplace assessment for the entire office?
Yes! Nashville Physical Therapy is very passionate about focusing on employee and workplace wellness. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Can you come to my gym for a session to show me what I can/cannot do?
Yes. It is often very helpful to do so. Travel fees may apply.
Do you charge travel fees?
Depending on your location, travel fees may apply.
Can I contact you for questions between sessions?
Definitely - and we encourage the communication. You can email us or securely message us through the patient messaging portal in the scheduling app at any time with questions.
Do you offer pelvic floor or pelvic health services?
We do! Sandy Gibson is our pelvic floor PT. She practices out of our Franklin location. She treats a variety of pelvic floor conditions in both women and men. You can book an appointment with her online by clicking on our “schedule appointment” button.
What pelvic floor issues do you treat?
Sandy treats a variety of pelvic floor issues including stress urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency, pelvic pain, constipation, sexual dysfunction, post partum issues such as diastasis recti and unresolved hip/sciatic/back pain in active people.
Do you see men with pelvic floor issues?
Yes, we do. Sandy treats men CPPS or chronic pelvic pain syndrome, chronic prostatitis, perineal/rectal/penile/testicular pain that can lead to bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction.
Monday - 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday - 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday - 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday - 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday - 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM